Friday, October 24, 2008

Week 10

I've been trying to stay busy as Heath is out of town and I have my hands full. John is doing good, in the last month he's really learned how to hold his head up good. He doesn't really do the head flop anymore. He's found his hand and will try to put his whole fist in his mouth. But the nice thing is that he'll suck on his hand and sort of self-soothe himself. He hasn't really been sleeping all that great at night since Daddy's been gone. Fun for me! I keep hoping each night will get better.
Hayden really enjoyed the weekend. My cousin, Kyle and his wife Alison and son Hayes came to visit on Saturday. Kyle played Star Wars with Hayden who had a blast. And Alison and I sat and talked with the babies. It was very nice to have some adult company for a few hours!! We will miss them when they move to Connecticut!
And then on Sunday, we went to the Deanna Rose Farmstead in Overland Park. I invited our neighbor Amanda and her two kids, Conner and Erin to come with us. Conner is 4 and adores Hayden so they had a good time. The farm has animals and a playground and lots of different activities. Plus right now they have a Pumpkin Patch. So we rode the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and had a lot of fun. They had pumpkins and carnival type games for the kids. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon and wore the kids out!
I've included a few pics from the farm and then a few new ones of John. I'm not taking as many pictures of him. Sad!! I'm trying to do better!

No comments: